Each season is an opportunity to play around with your style. Now that Spring is here, it's time for a fling with fashion once again!
Spring fashion is all about being feminine and sophisticated, yet also bold and fierce. It’s the time to be in full bloom, after all, with a refreshed style that breaks out of winter’s drabber colors. This season, the color palette is bursting with brights and pastels. It’s all about being youthful and fresh.
But you don't have to spend on a whole new wardrobe just for the season. Spring's blooming trends might already be hiding in your closet! Super fun fashion blog stylebakery.com gives you a rundown of 20 trends you already own that could not be any hotter this season:
1. Statement Necklace - One trend we're thrilled to see continue is the statement necklace. Ubiquitous for the past few seasons, it's the quickest way to make your outfit pop.
2. Boyfriend Blazer - Last season's must-buy, the boyfriend blazer, still looks fresh layered over dresses and skirts, or paired with jeans and shorts.
3. Belts - Thick or thin, belts continue their run as an important accessory, instantly transforming virtually anything in your wardrobe. Wear yours to cinch cardigans, jackets, t-shirts, blouses, dresses and more.
4. Florals - A top trend for more than 4 years in a row (2010, 2009, 2008, 2007), florals always look fresh.
5. Ruffles - Another trend that has been hot for several seasons (fall 2009, spring 2009), there's no need to put away your ruffled pieces just yet.
6. Trench Coat - The one piece on every Top 10 list year after year is the trench coat. Hopefully you've got at least one in your closet, bonus points if it's in a bright color. Don't own a trench? Get one - now.
7. Bangles - Cuffs may be the big trend for wrists this season, but it's still chic to pile on your chunky bangles.
8. Grecian or Gladiator Flats - In 2008, we predicted gladiator sandals would be a one-season trend, boy were we wrong! For the third year in a row, Grecian flat sandals are a summer footwear favorite (including ours).
9. Hobo Bag - You likely have a slouchy bag in your closet from seasons past and, thankfully, it's still in style.
10. Cargo Pants - A staple of your casual wardrobe for several years, the military-inspired pant looks fresh again this season. Wear yours with pretty printed tops and heels or wedges for a fresh look.
11. Denim Skirt - Whether mini or pencil, it's time to dust off your old denim skirt. Bonus points if it's a medium blue color a la Stella McCartney's spring collection.
12. Wedges - A mainstay of spring wardrobes for several seasons now, you likely own a pair or two, lucky you!
13. Skinny Jeans & Boyfriend Jeans - Both denim silhouettes are still favorites this season.
14. Turquoise Jewelry - Every few years, turquoise jewelry regains its must-have status proving to be a wise investment for your collection. Odds are you've got at least a piece or two in your jewelry box.
15. Nautical Striped Top - Timeless navy and white or red and white striped tops are suddenly trendy again.
Te read the rest of the trends, including some so-lucky-to-have items, visit stylebakery here!
Image fro instyle.com.