When it comes to being fabulous, very few women come close to Kimora Lee Simmons. She is so fabulous in fact, that she even coined a term to describe the art of being fab like her: FABULOSITY.
But before I get busted by the Grammar Police, this post isn't just about her--ermmm--fabulosity. It's about how she can be her larger-than-life self and still be a loving mother to her little girls.
Well, wonder no further because she has revealed her top 10 parenting tips recently at MyStyle.com!
Kimora's Top 10 Parenting Tips
1. Happiness Is Inside: Great shoes or handbags can make you feel fabulous but only temporarily. It's fun to look cute, but I teach my girls that bliss from material goodies will fade like a candy high if they lack substance underneath all the sparkle and shine.
2. Live Generously: My girls and I regularly go through their rooms to find clothes and toys to donate to charities. I firmly believe that children who have been given so much need to experience the joy that comes from giving. All children can do things to help, whether how big or small—by donating toys or lending a hand in the community.
3. Expose Children to Different Cultures, Places and People: Even if you can't afford to travel the world, you can take your children to the museum, zoo or local park. And don't be afraid to take them to grownup spots. Eating out in a restaurant teaches children how to be quiet and polite—and gives them the pleasure of knowing you trust them to behave.
4. Make Time for Fun: I encourage my children to try new things—dance, tennis, soccer, you name it, I want them to try it. But I don't want them to feel like they have to take every class just to please me. Kids need time to be kids! My recipe for good parenting includes a healthy dose of discipline and a lot of love.
5. Embrace Uniqueness: Don't try to blend in with all the other moms—it's OK to stand out from the crowd and be yourself. The best way to teach children to resist peer pressure is to resist it yourself.
For the rest of her fab tips, you can read the original article here!
Image from celebrtystyle.about.com
PONDER, PONDER, PONDER...
If you were to make your own list of tips, what would you include? How do you make yourself feel fabulous?