Summer will not be summer without some sauntering out in the sun. And you wouldn't want to do anything out in the merciless heat while you're all covered up! So here are tips to find the best swimsuits for your body type, as rounded out by our friends at StyleBakery.com.
Now, now, don't be shy. We're all here to make you look and feel your best!
FOR SMALL BUSTS AND STRAIGHT FIGURES
Best Bust-Enhancing Swimsuits
* Tops with a touch of padding, or an underwire demi-bra style that makes the most for adding to your small bustline.
* You have the body to wear cute, ruffled tops that are hot right now. Triangle tops and bandeau tops are easy to wear as well.
* Tops with too much fabric or that have poor fit.
Best Curve-creating Swim Styles
* If you don't have many curves, choose a swimsuit that has a belted waist to help create one. Or choose a one-piece suit with a high-on-the-thigh cut.
* A one-piece swimsuit with side cut-outs instantly creates a few curves at the waist and hips.
* Bikinis are also a good choice. Add some details at the hips with rings, ruffles and bows.
More info here!
FOR PEAR SHAPES AND TUMMY BULGES
Best Swim Styles for Pear Shapes
* Swimsuits that draw attention upwards with interesting details and patterns above the waist. To balance your proportions, choose a solid bottom and a patterned top.
* Mini-skirted bikini bottoms are made just for you! Skip the super frilly ones and choose a skimming, smooth skirt that covers just what you need it to.
* Opt for a bikini bottom that has slightly wider sides, skip the string side-tie versions that only draw unwanted attention.
* Play up your bust and shoulders to deemphasize your bottom.
* Boy shorts, skimpy bottoms, low cut bottoms or lots of ruffles and details at the hips.
Best Swim Styles for Tummy Bulges
* Swimsuits with a little extra spandex woven into the tummy area, they work wonders!
* A one-piece with ruching or draping around the waist or hips can also help to conceal a "muffin" top.
* If you're going for a two-piece swimsuit, then opt for a loose fitting tankini where top and bottom meet at the waist. They cover just enough, but you still have the freedom and chic factor of a bikini. High waisted bikini bottoms can help trim tummies
* Geometric and floral prints can help camouflage trouble areas.
* Teeny bikinis and short tankini tops that ride up and expose belly rolls
More info here!
To be continued next week PLUS the perfect hair accessories to match your swimsuit-worthy bod!