Friday, May 7, 2010

Memories with Mom




"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." (Washington Irving)

There's nothing quite like the relationship a girl has with her mother. It's a unique bond between two girls, from two different generations. One the master, the other an apprentice; one the gardener, the other a tiny bud; one the potter, the other the clay.

Our mothers are both in front of us to lead the way and beside us to support us. And every now and then, they also run behind us to catch us when we fall, dust us off and kiss our boo-boos away.

I don't know what your relationship with your mom is right now--hopefully, it's good and strong. As for me, it's a bit embarrassing to admit this but I have always been a "fan" of my mom. Seriously! I've always looked up to her and sought her opinion on everything. I hold on to her every word and to this day, I've been trying to emulate that brilliant, headstrong spirit she has.

Although I cherish my mom each day of the year, this month is extra special because we're celebrating all mothers around the world!

There are too many great memories that I've shared with my mom, but one of the many that stands out is during my graduation march. She and my dad were seated quite a distance from the graduates. So she just sent a message through my phone. She said: "You never cease to make us so proud of you." And that just made my heart swell! Even more than the medal or the diploma or the sheer joy of graduating!

How about you? What are some of the best memories that you have with your mom? Or as a mom, what are your best memories with your little ones?

I wish all you lovely mothers a Happy Mothers' Day!

PS A Mom and Me promo is in the works! Hint: how does a buy one, get one sound to you? Stay tuned!

Images from www.sxc.hu

No comments:

Post a Comment