Curiosity never fails to get the better of kids! They just HAVE to try doing everything. Don't let that wonderful energy go to waste. Ask them to help you out in the kitchen with super fun and super easy recipes.
One, it's a perfect opportunity for some mom-and-kids bonding time. Two, you can watch them like a hawk because they are working right there with you. Three, this can hopefully "train" them to think that helping out is actually fun and not a boring chore (1000 points for you!)
I found a site called MomsWhoThink where you can find a treasure trove of easy-to-do recipes. Check out the section for Kids Recipes and choose from a long list of awesome recipes that you and your kids can do!
These are just two of my favorites:
Volcanoes in the Microwave
4 teaspoons peanut butter
4 large marshmallows
1. Cut a hole in the middle of each of the marshmallows. Fill each with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter. Pour sprinkles on top.
2. Place marshmallows on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 50 seconds, watching the "volcanoes" erupt.
3. Put a circle of whipped cream on the outside of the plate. Serve.
6 hot dog buns
6 hot dogs
1 can chili
1. About 1-inch from one end of a hot dog, start a slit that goes vertically to the other end.
2. Turn a quarter turn and make another slit. Keep making slits until you have eight "tentacles" for the hot dog.
3. Boil and the hot dog will look like an octopus. Serve with the head up and the tentacles spread out over an open hot dog bun that has chili on it.
Check out other fun recipes here!