Monday, January 25, 2010

Boom Boom Room 2010 Roundown!

As you may know by now, No Slippy Hair Clippy was invited yet again to Boom Boom Room's Pre-Golden Globe Awards Baby & Big Kid Wonderland Villa. This is actually our third year in a row doing this event. I know several of the celebrities on a first name basis now, which is really cool! (Samantha Harris, Joely Fisher, Jodie Sweetin, Larry Birkhead and his little Dannielynn)



(1) Joely Fisher, daughter Skyler Grace and Skyler's cousin Mikaela
(2) Kim Porter and P Diddy's twins D'lila Star and Jessie James


(1) Lou Diamond Philips, wife Yvonne Boismier and daughter Indigo Sanara
(2) Larry Birkhead and Dannielynn


(1) Ali Landry, (2) Michelle Stafford


(1) Jodie Sweetin, (2) Busy Philipps and daughter


The event this year was in a big room at the Hyatt Century City Plaza, in Century City, CA. This is where the event has taken place in the last five years. It was set up as a big oval inside with two rows of tables and an aisle in the middle where people could walk. We had VIP placement, which was really nice.

In the middle, when you walk in, Baby Couture Magazine set up a play area for the kids and refreshments for the celebrities, and a place to sit down and relax. There was a long table where celebrities gift-wrapped books which were given to charity. The books were donated by the participating brands.

Celebrities walked around table to table, receiving information about products and some samples to take with them.

After doing this event now for two years, I figured out that getting email addresses was important for other promotions, plus this year, I wanted to tie in with the Haiti relief team, and I asked each celebrity that came to our table to sign my guest book with their name and address, so I could send them an email for charity, where we will send proceeds to UNICEF and Save the Children. I received a wonderful response, and everyone was pleased to see we are doing our part. In fact, most of the celebs have already donated and are working actively with charities to help out, so that was really encouraging, very positive.

The thrill for me on Saturday (January 16th) was when Larry Birkhead came in with his daughter Dannielynn. Danielynn was wearing our lavender-grape Queen Whitney bow! When I spoke with Larry, he said, “Oh, that’s a No Slippy Hair Clippy she’s wearing, I knew you were going to be here.” That totally made my day and show!

Samantha Harris came on Sunday and gave me a big hug. She said, “I swear Josselyn wears one of your clips everyday!” She asked me about pairs (left and right-sided clips) which I told her we could make easily, and would send her some of my favorites. She gave me her mailing address.

For me, this event is give us tons of feedback, because so many of the celebrities have been gifted already by BopStar Baby baskets, so they knew our product. It’s always nice to say hello and introduce new parents to our product as well. I didn’t get a photo of Chad Lowe (Rob Lowe’s brother) but was able to hand him and his wife a clip sample. They are new parents to a baby girl, so I wanted to make sure they could see our hair clip and how special it is with the velvet lining.

The event was a lot of fun and fast-paced. I’m happy we participated. I know our fundraiser, “Hair Clips for Haiti” will be a success. I will post results once we email everyone with our promotion.

But as early as now, we are grateful for some positive response about this. I’ve noticed several blogs mentioning our participation to help Haiti, so that is really cool! There were several comments in our Facebook and Twitter accounts, too! Add us up or join our fan page to see more celebrity sightings at the Boom Boom Room :)

Special thaks go out to our dearest Amanda Elkins for taking those fantastic photos! Go check out her website, amandaelkins.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment