Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ask Annie!

Holly from Wisconsin wrote,

Hullo Annie!

I’ve been a big fan of your hair accessories for a while now and I need your help! My daughter’s getting ready for her senior prom in a couple of weeks, she’s got a beautiful, olive green, strapless dress and a matching hand bag ready. However, I’d love to get her something from mom that’s timeless and elegant, something she can remember years from now that just completes her look.

PS. I think her little sister, who just turned 12 is getting a little jealous of all the attention, so if you could suggest something for her too I’d really appreciate it!

Hello Holly! Prom season is fast approaching isn’t it? I’m actually planning a separate blog post about what to wear to the prom, but since your need appears to be more immediate, I’d be happy to give you a few early tips.

The prom is a special night and I think it’s fantastic to be able to look back at what you wore and feel a sense of pride, elegant is good and timeless is even better!  I think I’ve got just the thing…


The Lucia Two Tone Silk Flower, available in a deep lime or brilliant white is wonderfully classy and beautifully understated.


Just as elegant is the Kaia Large Lily Flower,  I think getting one of these in white would be a lovely subtle accent to your daughter’s olive green dress. 


But let’s not forget her little sister! I think it’s wonderful you want to get her something nice as well, it won’t be too long before she’s looking for accessories to wear to her senior prom! I recommend our Coco Satin Bows with Rhinestone, available in a variety of colors (my personal favorite happens to be Maroon).

I hope your daughter has a lovely prom Holly, and don’t hesitate to write if you have any other questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment