Valentine's Day may be a long way to go, but that shouldn't stop you from giving away some sweet lovin'. Here's a sweet (literally!) giveaway idea from teaching-tiny-tots.com. To make it sweeter, ask your little darling to give you a hand. It's so easy! Be careful, though, your little helper might want some for him/herself!
What you'll need:
2 clear cone-shaped pastry bags (usually in stores with cake decorating supplies)
2 twist ties or 2 small rubber bands
hot cocoa mix
1 red gumdrop
mini chocolate chips
small gift card
small measuring cup with lip
What to do:
1. Put marshmallow in a bowl.
2. Put the chocolate chips in a second bowl.
3. Pour 3-4 packets of cocoa into one of the cone-shaped pastry bags. You can measure with a small measuring cup to make it easier to pour.
4. Twist right above the cocoa and secure with a twist tie or small rubber band.
5. Trim extra plastic on top, leaving an inch.
6. Place cocoa-filled pastry bag into another empty plastic pastry bag.
7. Place 3-4 tablespoons of chocolate chips so that they are layered on top of the cocoa.
8. Add marshmallows to add top layer.
9. Place red gumdrop on top.
10. Twist the bag shut and secure with a twist tie or small rubber bands.
11. Add a ribbon and gift card. Be creative! Your card can say: "Here's a gift that will warm you up. Just add some hot water and stir into your favorite cup."
It's perfect for ANY occasion! To warm up your loved ones on Christmas eve, as a sweet greeting for a birthday (your chocoholic friends would love it), as an alternative "treat" for Trick or Treaters on Halloween, or even just to comfort on a blah day.
Image courtesy of teaching-tiny-tots.com.